- 1 pound small round yellow potatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 9 large eggs
- 3 12-inch tortillas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ¾ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, for squeezing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the potatoes onto the sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, the smoked paprika, and pinch of red pepper flakes. Toss to coat, spread evenly on the pan, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Heat a grill pan on the stove to medium heat. Place the red pepper on the pan and let it char for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the pepper is soft and each side has black grill marks. Alternatively, you can roast it in the oven until soft. Remove from the grill, remove the stem and ribbing, and slice the pepper into strips.
- Scramble the eggs: brush a medium nonstick stick skillet lightly with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the eggs, let them cook for a few seconds, and then stir and scramble until the eggs until just set.
- Assemble the burritos: Divide the spinach leaves and red cabbage, if using, among the tortillas. Top with the eggs, red pepper strips, black beans, pico de gallo, potatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime. Fold the left and right sides of the tortilla over the filling. Fold the bottom flap of the burrito up and over the filling, tucking the sides and the filling as you roll the burrito. Wrap in foil, slice, and serve with Cilantro Lime Dressing for dipping.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 3 – 6 servings
Author: Love and Lemons