The HHS Office of Minority Health suggest 5 Plays for Men to Stay at the Top of Their Game:
- Protect your heart – Healthier food choices build a healthier heart – make fruits and vegetables half of your plate. Visit the nutrition guide on Virgin Pulse for recipe ideas.
- Be Active – Getting just 30 minutes of exercise each day can help you live longer.
- Preventive Maintenance – Schedule regular checkups to catch small problems before they become big ones.
- Just Quit – Clickotine is a tobacco cessation app to help you quit for good.
- Think things through with support – Marketplace Chaplains are ready to assist you any time of day.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, men in the United States, on average, die 5 years earlier than women and die at higher rates from the three leading causes of death, heart disease, cancer and unintentional injuries. During Men’s Health Month, we encourage men to take control of their health, and for families to teach young boys healthy habits throughout childhood.